The Ohio Cyber Range is a platform to support the vision and lines of effort of the Ohio Cyber Collaboration Committee (OC3). The Ohio Cyber Range is operated by the University of Cincinnati with an additional Core Services Site under development at the University of Akron.
The Ohio Cyber Range is a learning and teaching tool for students and educators at the K-12 and collegiate level, a workforce development tool, cyber incident response team training tool and a test bed for cyber programs and systems.
The range supports:
- the curricula of the educational institutions,
- certification training, testing of individuals and the Ohio Cyber Reserve,
- cyber contests,
- testing, defense, and recovery of networks,
- cyber readiness exercises with EMA's and ONG,
- testing of programs, networks and systems,
- internship programs,
- student cyber portfolios,
- workforce development of cyber professionals.